Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can anyone give me tips on painting a room with the color yellow?

Is yellow a particularly hard color to paint a room with? We did really well with the first section of the wall. It is very obvious where the roller stopped in places and the corners are particularly ugly. Do I need another coat of paint or what?Can anyone give me tips on painting a room with the color yellow?
I did a couple rooms in yellow without a problem but different shades of yellow are very different. I'd try another coat. Yellow is hard to get full coverage with so the main part of the wall may be showing through a bit.Can anyone give me tips on painting a room with the color yellow?
If you want the room to look larger than it is, use a light yellow. If you want the room to be smaller, use a darker yellow.





Otherwise, just paint the room what color you want it, you will probably need two coats.
If you use a light sand paper and sand in between coats of paint it does help.
you need to touch up where it looks bad, make sure that you have lots of blues and greens to counteract yellow on your walls though.
Yellow is supposed to be one of the more difficult colors to cover. I was painting over an ugly raspberry pink, so I asked the paint store to add the same tint of yellow to the primer as I was using in the paint. They didn't charge me anything extra for adding the color to the primer and I only had to paint one coat of paint over the primer. It worked great.
Sure... DON'T!
sounds like you didn't use a primer first. Yes, you will need a second coat. possibly a third one depending how dark the yellow is.
yellows reds oranges have always been dificult hears afew tips with yellow i find afirst coat something like magnolia will give you abetter start ,then apply 2 coats try not to thin paint whenrollering keep same preasure on roller all over if possible if any roller edge maks appear use a soft paintbrush to level out paint ,another tip if using several tins mix the lot together,although bs numbered they can vary at least mixing color all the same
We did a yellow rm. once. It took 4 coats. Yellow is difficult but, not gold or mustard. Adding a little red seems to help it cover.
I think you need another coat
O I luv the color yellow :) Lucky :)
After you paint it once try to add some thinner to the paint for a second coat. It should help it mix better on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment