Saturday, March 13, 2010

Started painting and hated the color. How what?

I just started painting my bathroom (new house, stark white walls) and I HATE the color. It came out a dark orange. I paint 2 of the 4 walls. I went back to the paint store and bought a light tan. Now what?


The unpainted walls will never look like the painted walls when I apply the new paint over it. Even if I prime all the walls, how could the walls with the daker paint ever look like the walls that didn't have the darker paint on them?


I'm totally stressing out.Started painting and hated the color. How what?
If you prime the walls that you already painted it will turn out perfectly fine. It'll be like starting over with white walls. Just put at least 2 coats of the primer. It'll be fine. Good luck. :)Started painting and hated the color. How what?
why wouldn't it? if you prime it, it'll all look the same, trust me. when picking colors, always buy a quart of the potential color, and put a 1' x 1' test area (making sure the edges are feathered out enough not to leave a raised edge when it dries) on each wall. do one near the ceiling and floor on each wall (colors tend to differ in vividness from floor to ceiling). look at it with daylight, and at night. this way you'll be sure about a color before you buy the entire gallon, and waste time and money rolling 2 walls.
It should be fine to just prime the orange colored walls and then paint it the color you like. If you are really unsure of it, do a test spot, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
try to like a texture print over it. or sponge print.

No comments:

Post a Comment