Saturday, March 13, 2010

Why do people ask what color to paint their rooms?

Every time I log on here to H%26amp;G someone is asking this question... What color to paint my room, my house, my wood trim. Do people really expect an answer without us ever seeing the style or lighting or decor? Or an accurate answer for the matter. Blue has a myriad of shades. How difficult is it to go to Home Depot and look at the free color palates.





Hey, while I'm wasting 5 points... this goes for those asking for estimates of projects. This is highly subjective to where you live, not to mention any additional work that may have to be done that we cannot see.





I'm off my soapbox now. If you agree I'd love a star! ;-) ;-)Why do people ask what color to paint their rooms?
I enjoy answering specific questions about color.


But color choices are effected by what someone is trying to do in a specific room, what the shape of the room is, what the dsired outcome is.


Nobody can just blindly say ';paint it blue that will fix everything';


I would be more interested in answering questions about how color and composition effect a specific space.Why do people ask what color to paint their rooms?
most folks are looking for hints as to 'what's 'in' and coool for today..... no one wants to love a pumpkin color, paint the living room and then find out that the cooler aquas and browns are the big thing nowl.....





estimates are just that... good guesses.... and if someone here can offer one, hot dig!... then the poster has a ballpark figure to work with....





if these folks didn't ask these questions, there would be a long lull here..... that's why this place IS HERE!!!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment