Saturday, March 13, 2010

How can I tie in my light blue drapes with my dark green couch...and what color paint should I use???

I am moving into this huge living room with white walls. I want to add some color to the room, but the room already has a set of beautiful light blue drapes. To add to my woes, my sofa is a dark green (velvet)...I have considered many neutral options like dove grey or soft steel, which will fit with both the couch and the drapes...but I dont kow how to tie the drapes in with the couch / living room in general. Can someone please help me with the flow of the room...and what color paint do you think would be the best option...How can I tie in my light blue drapes with my dark green couch...and what color paint should I use???
Here are some Behr Paint colors that might work well with your current colors:





';scotland road'; (# 450F-4) - a gray-green


';tropical dream'; (# 460A-2) - a light mint green


';eminence'; (# 550E-2) - a medium dusty blue





I think ';scotland road'; would be my choice.





As for tying it all together, you do that with a rug. A light blue one right under the sofa will do the trick:


http://www.homedecorators.com/Rugs/S/lig鈥?/a>How can I tie in my light blue drapes with my dark green couch...and what color paint should I use???
There are many solutions for this.





If you want to change your sofa, you can always use slip covers. I think it would be beautiful if you painted you walls a soft, light blue, then got a white slip cover for your sofa.





You could also paint the walls a green color. But it would be up to you on what shade of green. A sage would look nice, if you didn't want a dark color on the walls. Then get some light blue accessories to tie in the light blue. Like throw pillows and blankets, vases, lamps, stuff like that.





A grey color would also work. But you would want to make sure it fits in with the couch and the drapes. You don't want your home to like someone thre a whole bunch of mismatched stuff into your living room. So I would again, bring in some light blue and green accessories into the room.





Hope I helped! And happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment