Saturday, March 13, 2010

I can't decide what color to paint my downstairs living room or my guest room!!?

Its been two weeks and I'm still lost on if I should paint my guest bedroom a grayish/blueish hue or a light yellow?? Right now its a lime green from the last owners babies room......


I'm trying to make it into a french / contempory / urban type room. Its so hard! Who knew picking paint colors would drive me insane! I have not gotten furniture for the room but was thinking of getting a metal bed with black/dark wood stained bedside table and dresser. Or should I go white and bright?


My downstairs living room is also in need of help. Its walls are a dull white with light tan carpet. Its not even nice carpet just the cheapest stuff they could find at home depot. Removing the carpet is open. I'm thinking of getting hardwoods or just new plush carpet. I like the pier 1 Imports stuff so thats what this room is going to be. Whats a good color to paint a walkout living room that gets ok sun?I can't decide what color to paint my downstairs living room or my guest room!!?
if youre looking to french/contemp./urban for inspiration, then youd be better to lean towards the gray than the blue. blue and yellow are representative of french country, not french urban or contemp..


Id suggest to avoid yellow altogether in this room


for a main wall color id use grey that has only a faint hint of blue.


check this out: Sherwin Williams, ';lazy gray';, or for a little -bolder look, go for: ';samovar silver';. both these colors are grey with a blue undertone, but very contemporary. either of the colors would look fantastic with dark espresso brown furniture.


i think the furniture should be sleek and simple with brushed nickel or stainless steel hardware that would look great with the grey walls.


rather than a metal bed, i think a large square headboard would fit better. It could be upholstered in either black faux leather, or silvery gray satin. the silver-gray satin would add an elegant but subtle french feeling.


i think you need to keep things simple, sleek, geometric,understated and rather monochromatic to pull this look off right.


dont overplay the french motif, or it will end up looking tacky and too much like a ';theme' room.


an armchair or footbench with simple lines would look great upholstered in the same silvery gray satin.


-gray-blue walls


-espresso furniture


-black leather


-silvery gray satin


i think this is a winning color palette for the look you want to achieve.


you could have 1 or 2 hits of drama in the room: maybe an ornately carved Louis XlV armchair-but downplay its ornate quality with a plain grey satin upholstery; maybe a pair of ornate silver candlabra to use as end table lamps. you will be incorporating the french theme by doing things like this, but in a very restrained way, so that they really stand out among the more modern plain lines of the rest of the decor.


for a pop of bold color, add a couple of russet red accent cushions to the bed. or add a piece of abstract art to the wall that incorporates this color. russet red really makes a statement when used as an accent with dark brown and gray.I can't decide what color to paint my downstairs living room or my guest room!!?
I think you should paint your guest bedroom light yellow. It will be more inviting to your guests.
http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a> choose paint an enterior then choose a room that resembles yours and drag and drop the ';paint'; on the walls, ceilings and furniture! You can even print it out....try before you buy!
You should play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





For the bedroom, I like the idea of something in the yellow family - like ';sundew.';





For the living room, I think a deep red like ';wild current'; would look fab with the Pier One style decor. And I vote for laying hardwood flooring.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment