Saturday, March 13, 2010

Got a new bedspread, looking for ideas on what color to paint my room! Pics included!?

I got this bedspread from wal-mart: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d鈥?/a>





And these sheets in Steel Blue from JCPenney: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/x6.aspx?Cat鈥?/a>





I want my room to be light and airy despite the dark comforter. I'm planning on getting sheer ivory panel curtains and then a sheer maroon scarf for the top of the windows as well.





Since I want the room to be light and airy, I don't want to paint it any dark colors, but I'm a total loss for ideas. I'm awful at coordinating rooms like this! A friend suggested painting the room ivory with a maroon stripe 5' up, is that a good idea? Also, what other colors/ideas could I go with? I'm very open to ideas, just having trouble coming up with them on my own!Got a new bedspread, looking for ideas on what color to paint my room! Pics included!?
use a nice light lavender purple, it will match the sheets and bedding perfectly! it also matters how BIG your room is for the colors: if its small, use the lavender. If its big, use a nice vibrant baby blue, and make sure its light light light!Got a new bedspread, looking for ideas on what color to paint my room! Pics included!?
Don't shop at wal-mart.
For your walls, I would use cream or a very, very light ivory, or a very light, light pale blue (almost white), or just white. I believe the maroon stripe would divide the room, and direct your eye to what is dark, rather than light, so think carefully before you do that. You could have a white ceiling, just to add a light color. I have seen this done many times in model homes, and in magazines (having the ceiling be a light color/white, which is lighter than the walls).





For your curtains, perhaps a pale ivory scarf entwined with or laid over the maroon could lighten up the maroon scarf, just to keep things light.





While your room is large, try some mirrors to help light reflect, if the room is shady. Use white, beige, cream, or other warm light colors as accents.





Think of a rug or carpet that is pale, but has the maroon or blue in it as accents, to go with your comforter. Pillows on a chair with blue, maroon, or even silver might be fun.





For sources, go to Home Depot, Benjamin Moore Paints, or Kelly Moore Paints to find paint chips or small sampler cans to paint a small swatch of paint on the room to see if you like the color in person. I cannot add a link to colors, as you really need to see the paint chips in person. You can take those home to model them.





Good luck and have fun!
The bed spread that you chose is very pretty.I suggest that you go to your local hardware store or home improvement center and grab some cards with all different colors of paint chips on them.Then you can hold them up and see what you think might look good.Also to make things easier,they have a new paint out with the primer all ready in it.Wow,why didn't someone come up with this sooner.Hope I've been of some help to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment