Saturday, March 13, 2010

How to decide on the color to paint a master bedroom and bath?

i realize that this all boils down to personal choice but i'm stuck between two colors. First off, let me give you an idea of what i've got going on in my bedroom/bath. My bedroom furniture is all dark wood (mahogany I think), with brushed nickel hardware. All the trim is painted white. In my bathroom, the vanity and everything is white except for a wooden dresser that has an espresso finish with brushed nickel hardware. I have a few black picture frames in both rooms along with some light aqua accents. I'm trying to decide between a soft, grayish green or a warm darker tan. These are Sherwin Williams colors, one is called Mega Greige and the other is called Sea Salt. Thank you.How to decide on the color to paint a master bedroom and bath?
Buy a quart of each and paint small sections of your walls. Stare at it for days, then decide.





It is worth the time to see how a color feels.How to decide on the color to paint a master bedroom and bath?
You can go to the store that you will eventually purchase the paint from and ask for samples of each color.





Choose several areas of the room...for instance, in a lit area of each room, in a darker corner and then perhaps by the door and in the corner.





Paint a square of color from each paint and allow them to dry. Just ';live'; with the colors for several days.





When you chose the final color with which to paint your master bedroom and bathroom you have experienced each color from different areas of your rooms and have also taken into consideration the different exterior light changes throughout the day...
I would absolutely love the Sea Salt. Do the colors look good together? If they do, you could do the bedroom one color and the bath the other. Or you could do everything in the green except the wall behind your bed--do that in the tan. And I also love white trim with those. I think I would like your room very much!
i would personally go with the soft grayish green just because it seems like you don't have too many colors in the one room and making it tan would be not enough colors and green would add a nice color even if it is a little grayish
I think the grayish green might be nice. Bedrooms should be soothing colors; studies show that this promotes better sleep.


This is just my opinion, but the dark tan sounds depressing and somewhat institutional.
Of the two you have picked I like the Mega Greige better. Neutrals are apparently more popular these days.
i think sea salt if about everything is trimmed in white i wouldnt go with a tan especially with black frames
mahogany is kinda reddish so tan


if not i think grayish green would easily go with both colours
tan in a bedroom? i've never heard of that before. i like the Sea Salt one better.
I vote for ';sea salt';.
sumthing light and comfy to u
If you've got dark wood in the bedroom, you should be having a sort of bright coloured paint in the room, as for the bathroom, gray will do just fine. I think the green colour will do fine for the room. If your bathroom does not receive a lot of daylight throughout the day, you should use light shades or white. Anyway, according to a book I had read, you should always use white or a light shade in the bathroom.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment