Saturday, March 13, 2010

New furniture and need a color to paint the walls? Please help!?

Pleaaase help I need to color by tommorow :) I'm 13 in two weeks and got all new furniture the black-brown kind that has a nice warm glow 2 it... Desk full bed dresser and everything. My rooms not too big and I'm throwing away everything since everything used to be pink. I'm leaning tiwards having a lot of candles and glass in the room and I need help picking what color to paint the walls.I would prefer something cool colored or maybe a cool neutral color nothing too vibrant like a deep red color.... Please help :)New furniture and need a color to paint the walls? Please help!?
What about a duck egg kind of colour? That's quite trendy at the mo and looks great with brown. It's a kind of pale greeny blue - you can get quite bright funky versions of it if you look around. You should also be able to find some nice accessories in that colour too - like maybe a throw for your bed????





I know its a kettle but this is a nice shade of the colour - have a look.





http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/kettles/prestige-deco-duck-egg-blue-kettle.asp





OR - if you wantd a contrast you could have a zesty lime colour??





OR - maybe a cool subtle orangey colour - that would go well with the brown and give a warm feel without being too vibrant.





As your 13 you want something that's going to grow with you - by that i mean not something your gonna think is childish or rubbish in a year or two's time. When i decorate my children's room, i try to take some oftheir character and put that into the room as well so it kinda depends too on what kind of person you are and what you like.





Hope that helps.New furniture and need a color to paint the walls? Please help!?
I am not a decorator. I need help, too. However, my fear radar went off when I read about the candles. Please, have pretty unlit candles and get the battery operated candles. I won't go into the sad details, just be very careful. Don't leave your bedroom with the candles lit. Make sure there isn't anything flammable near the lit candles. Have fun decorating your room!
GO with a deep purple. I know it's not neutral, but my sister has furniture like that with tons of candles and glass and it looks so good. Go with white candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment