Saturday, March 13, 2010

I need help with deciding what color to paint my living room walls.?

My carpet is very light brown, the furniture is off white and so are the walls. I have drapes which are striped with burgundy and camel and a thin strip of hunter green and gold in them and which are trimmed in a darker gold/brown trim (JC Penney/Rialto drapes). I have throw pillows which are brown and gold. I bought dark red throw rugs to give the floor some color. Even though they don't match the drapes Iike I thought they would, I can't afford to exchange them. I really need to know what to do with the walls. Any suggestions will be helpful.I need help with deciding what color to paint my living room walls.?
Take a look at a color called ';mink'; by sherwin williams. it's a warm neutral color %26amp; it should coordinate well with all of your colors:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>I need help with deciding what color to paint my living room walls.?
This color is popular today.... paint the walls beige with a white trim (at bottom and possibly even the top of the wall). This will bring out the camel in the curtains...


The red throw rug sounds like it brings out the red in the curtains nicely! You just need to find something to bring out the hunter green in the curtains. Your color pallet is burgandy, hunter green, beige, and white... work around that! :)
i would go dark brown
Are you brave enough for some drama?





If so, I would paint one wall burgundy and the other walls a light camel color, the same shade as what's in the drapes, but a shade or two lighter. This is because you have off white furniture. The furniture would look better against a ';color'; and the burgundy and camel paint colors would pull those colors out of the drapes.





I would also get some throw pillows in the burgundy color and whatever color matches the rugs you bought to tie them together.





I googled the drapes and they are very pretty. I know that the above colors would look gorgeous with them if you're brave enough to try it. If you hate it, you can always paint over it.
unless you don't want to make it too drastic, i say dark brown. or alternating with the main colors you used every other wall. you could do gold stencils too.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment