Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm painting on plastic. Should I use water colors or oil based?

So I have these orange construction cones. I thought it'd be a good idea to paint them. (they have stories behind them. I don't just paint traffic cones.) :) I believe I should paint them either white or light gray first. Then paint on top of that whatever artwork I see fit. Is that a good idea?





And, what type of paint should I use? I've never painted on plastic. :) Thanks much loves!I'm painting on plastic. Should I use water colors or oil based?
Dont use oil you'll wait days for it to dry... water color will wash off, use acrylic, go to a craft store find base coat spray, do that let it dry and then paint it with whatever you want, after your done spray it with clear coat so if it gets dirty or dusty you can wipe it down and not have to worry





Good luckI'm painting on plastic. Should I use water colors or oil based?
First use an acrylic primer, and when it dries then use acrylic paint whether it be spray paint or tube paint .The primer will allow the paint to adhere to the cones. Then use a clear acrylic spray to seal it all when you are done.
I would suggest neither, instead I suggest Acrylic paint
I agree with acrylic paint. If you feel like it, put a thin layer of gesso on the plastic to make the paint stay better.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment