Thursday, March 11, 2010

What is the best way to prep a car door for painting over another color?

I am going to paint a guy's Jeep doors and maybe the interior door as well. He told me that the current color is blue and he wants me to paint red over it. How can I do this through the prep work and then finish it without making it look crappy? Also he told me that several auto shops told him not to have it sanded but to paint over the current color. How do I seal this job properly so he get's a good looking finish on his Jeep Wrangler? Thanks!!What is the best way to prep a car door for painting over another color?
degrease/dewax - wet sand to remove all signs of shine, seal any bare metal with primer. The old paint is a great sealer depending on its condition.What is the best way to prep a car door for painting over another color?
3M MAKES A PAD THAT WILL LIGHTLY SAND IT THEN CLEAN IT WITH A PREPAINT CLEANER THEN SPRAY PRIMER SEALER ON IT WAIT LIKE 15 MINS AND THEN PAINT IT AND YOU WILL GET A GOOD JOB

No comments:

Post a Comment